What’s on at #joburgsbestdayout
As one of the oldest and most well-loved events on the South African entertainment calendar, visitors to The Rand Show have come to expect an out of this world entertainment offering, but this year, an added focus on the injection of on-trend and relevant content has really upped the entertainment ante, in fact, there is so much on offer, that visitors should plan to arrive as early as possible to ensure that everything can be experienced.
Fashion, Beauty and Fitness
- See the latest in all thing’s Fashion, Beauty and fitness related and meet some of your favourite fitness fundi’s at the Beauty and Fitness Expo taking place daily on the Main Stage in Hall 5 on weekends and public holidays
- The Fitness Runway Model SA 2019 – South Africa’s biggest Fashion and Fitness Extravaganza will take place on 20 April at 10am on The Main Stage in Hall 8.
Pump up the adrenaline!
- Experience the 125m long Zipline at the Suzuki Adventure Zone daily from 19-28 April. Along with this there will also be abseiling, trampoline bungy, aqua rollers, paintball and a climbing wall.
- Take part in high-octane drifting daily from 19-28 April at the Outdoor Drifting Track. Here visitors can also be thrilled by daily variety shows featuring all the driving tricks and manoeuvres.
No Business like Showbusiness
- Starstruck followers of all things Showbiz can get their fix at Joburg’s Talent Show – With daily rounds at 10.30 am on the Main Stage in Hall 8 from 19 – 22 April. The final rounds to choose Joburg’s best talent are taking place on the weekend of 27 and 28 April at 10.30 am.
- SA’s newest reality based cook off – the JacarandaFM Clash of Ages, will take place daily at the Chef’s Village in the South African Garden and Home Pavilion at 10am from 19-22 April. The final live celebrity cook off will be sizzling on the weekend of 27 and 28 April at 10am.
Flowers and Decor
- Visit the gorgeous Flower Show in Hall 5 on the Main Stage daily for your chance to win a trip to the breath-taking Chelsea Flower Show 2019.
Gaming and Cosplay adventures
- A Fortnite Gaming competition will take place at the Gaming Entertainment Pavilion at 10am daily on 19, 20 and 21 April. Gaming qualifiers will take place daily at 2pm from 23 to 26 April with the Grand Final taking place on 27 April.
- Daily Fortnite Dance Competition will take place on the Main Stage of The Gaming Entertainment Pavilion daily.
- The Masquerade Cosplay Ball will take place on the first and last weekend of the show in the Gaming Entertainment Pavilion.
Fun for everyone
- Visit the magnificent Animal Kingdom daily at The Outdoor OS2.
- The Kalahari Scientist will be wow-ing audiences daily on the Main Stage in Hall 9 with shows throughout the day for the entirety of the Rand Show period.
- There will be a daily street parade at 1pm every day.
- Watch out for entertainment Buskers performing a variety of acts daily on the Busker Stages.
- Don’t miss the Zip-Zap Circus on the Main Stage in Hall 8 at 5pm on 26 April, and then 12pm and 5m on 27 April, or at 12pm on 28 April.
- World famous Sword Swallower Murray Malloy will be on the Main Stage at the Outdoor Link on 26 April at 5pm, 27 April at 3pm and 28 April at 1pm.
Rand Show Favourites
- The SANDF display, one of the most beloved show relics, will not disappoint fans this year and will take place from 19 – 22 April at the Main Arena from 11am – 1pm.
- The Drum Majorette Gold Cup will take place in the Main Arena on 27 April from 5-9pm.
- The Rand Show Museum will be open daily from 10am – 7pm.
The prizes up for grabs are almost as unbelievable as the entertainment line-up and include a Suzuki Swift which can only be won if you purchase your tickets online, a magnificent Easylife Kitchens home makeover, trips to Twitchcon USA, Chelsea Flower Show UK, Lesotho, Kirstenbosch Gardens and so much more!
All that is left to say is that this is one super-sized family day out that you definitely don’t want to miss. With an entire day’s worth of out of this world entertainment packed into each and every ticket, what are you waiting for?